Thursday, September 23, 2010

Switching Role Model from Rick McClintock to Steve Wilkos!

After thinking this over, I decided it might be more interesting for me to do my paper on someone I don't know as personally.  Rick McClintock was a math teacher I had.  Although I do find him to be a role model, I think it will be more interesting to do my paper on someone the world knows more about- Steve Wilkos.  Personally, I find him to be strong, brave, and committed which are definitely three traits I look up to.  Steve does something I would love to do, he does something I would like to one day be able to do.  I would love to meet him and for one day, help him be somebody's hero.
    For those of you who don't know who I'm talking about, I'll explain myself a little more.  Steve Wilkos was once a body guard on the Jerry Springer Show.  From there, he decided to host his own show known as "The Steve Wilkos Show." Within each episode, he is answering to someone's calling.  Every time he has someone on the show, he is helping someone who has called him asking him for help.  He has helped drug addicts go to rehab (he pays for them to do so) to better themselves, and to better their lives.  He has helped broken families make amends and find each other again.  He has helped people find their parents, whether it's a seven year old looking for their dad, or a thirty year old looking for their mom.  He has helped put what he refers to as "monsters" (child molesters, rapists, etc) in jail, or prison.  At the same time, he's keeping in mind who is right and who is wrong.  When someone is in the wrong, he is not afraid to tell them how he feels.  When someone is in the right, he is comforting and understanding.  He is also a retired cop which is another reason why I look up to him.  Although sometimes I would like to think cops can be a pain in my butt, cops are heroes.  Cops do nothing but keep everyone in this world safe, or at least try to.


No comments:

Post a Comment