Thursday, December 9, 2010

Taken Aback

After sitting in the computer lab numerous times for at least an hour each time, I have became very familiar with how cold it gets in here...but, more importantly, I have became more confident on my paper.  I have found out things about Steve Wilkos that I never knew before.  I thought that I admired his bravery before I started this project, but after researching I more than just "admire" his bravery and courage.  I am taken aback about how brave he really is.  He served as a Marine which is a big part of why I admire his bravery so much.  Marines often come back home with PTSD or post traumatic stress disorder, and although Steve may have dealt with this when he came back home, he was still willing to put that aside and reach out to people to better their lives. If that right there doesn't show how strong, brave, determined and courageous he is then I don't know what does!

2 comments:

  1. I really like the presentation you did for class. I think you picked a perfect person for your role model and you have a lot of courage thinking outside the box and picking someone you do not know. The video clip you showed us was very inspirational and I can easily see how he could be a role model to different people. He helps people for a living and that is true dedication. I really like the topic you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your topic for your research paper. I found the presentation to be very interesting as well and I can easily see how he would be a role model to people. He helps other people for a living and not many others have the decency to do that. I really think your paper will turn out amazing especially because I realized how cold the computer lab is too!

    ReplyDelete